Interview with Barbara Miller, Founder & Director of Bright Ideas
1. What car do you drive? An uber cool minivan – could I be more awesome?!
2. What were your favorite books as a child? Marguerite Henry horse books – we would recreate the books running around the yard “racing” our horses (our legs), building cardboard barns and drawing racetracks on the basement floor to race our Breyer horses.
3. What was your least favorite food as a child? Cooked squash! Yuck!
4. What were you most afraid of when you were little? The dark living room – I had to run past it every time I went up and down the hall to the kitchen from the bedroom or den end of the house.
5. Do you have any children? Yes, 5 fabulous individuals – four boys and one girl – Trevor, Evan, Logan, Colton and Weston.
6. Describe your family. Full of laughter, emotion, chaos, busy schedules and love.
7. What’s your strangest habit? I have to do everything in a certain order when I go to bed or I have trouble sleeping – even when I travel – I have been doing it since childhood.
8. If you could be a fairy tale character, who would you be? I wouldn’t want to be a helpless female waiting to be rescued or kissing frogs. I want to be the smart, resourceful princess in disguise who rescued the kingdom…does she exist?